Vice President-Loan Officer
Makes and services a wide variety of commercial and real estate loans, both secured and unsecured; assists senior officers in handling larger and more complex loans, and provides other customer services as may be required. Attends to the needs of current and prospective customers seeking loans that may involve unsecured funds and/or credit secured by mortgages or other collateral. Interviews applicants to develop information concerning their businesses, needs, desires, abilities, and earnings to determine whether a loan may be an acceptable risk. Obtains and directs the analysis of all necessary financial data. Conducts credit checks and makes plant or company visits as necessary. Makes decisions on loans and terms within established lending limits and according to Loan Policy, or makes recommendations to Loan Committee. Follows current loans to ensure complete compliance with terms and conducts collection activities as necessary. Obtains and analyzes financial data and provides service on approved lines of credit and equipment financing loans. Gives financial advice and counsel to current and prospective customers. Calls on current and prospective customers to develop new business and increase or retain existing business. refers customers to other departments as appropriate.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- 70% Interviews applicant and requests specified information for loan application. Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan. Administer loan portfolio as directed by Loan Policy. Compiles loan package and facilitates negotiation of loan structure with applicant, including fees, loan repayment options, and other credit terms. Approves loan within established lending limits or makes recommendation to Loan Committee. Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to Loan Policy. Assures timely loan closing and funding activities.
- 5% Responsible for collection activities for past due or defaulted loans.
- 10% Identifies and analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for commercial loans.
- 10% Calls on current and prospective clients to develop new business and increase or retain existing business
- 5% Promotes and cross-sells other Bank products and services as appropriate to customer requirements.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and 5-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Other Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to listen and discern customer needs.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.Bank of the Prairie
Human Resource Department
18675 W. 151st Street
Olathe, KS 66062
Phone: (913) 971-1316
Fax: (913) 254-0078
Bank of the Prairie offers a wide array of benefits for both full- and part-time employees. In addition, our benefits package is designed to give a solid foundation for financial protection for employees and their families.
Group Insurance Plan
- Major Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Prescription Plan
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Voluntary Spouse/Dependent Life Insurance
- Voluntary Cancer Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Program (Section 125/Cafeteria Plan) – Dependent Care Reimbursement (Spending Account), and Medical Reimbursement (Spending Account)
- Salary Deferral Savings Plan (401k) with employer match
- 401(k) investment options
- Vacation Benefits
- Internal and external training opportunities
- Free and discounted banking services
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
It is the policy of Bank of the Prairie to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in a harassment-free work environment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or Vietnam Era/Disabled Veteran status.
Note: These benefits may be changed at any time and are not a contract or guarantee of employment of any kind. Various benefits may require certain eligibility requirements. Contact Human Resources for details.
You may e-mail your resume to: HR@bankoftheprairie.com.