Loan Operations Specialist (Post Closing)
The loan operations department supports the lending teams of Bank of the Prairie. The loan operations specialist performs post-closing duties for all commercial and consumer loans. Implicit in the job function is being a collaborative team player, a strong relationship with management, customer service, and communications skills.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Each member of the loan operations post closing team will be cross trained for all duties listed below but will not be directly responsible for each task.
- Process all loan payments including investor payments/collect fees/process internal transfers/process wire transfers
- Board all new and renewed commercial, consumer and mortgage loans
- Underwrite/process credit card applications. Performs credit card maintenance.
- Complete post booking audit for all loan types
- Balance loan disbursement checking account monthly
- Process loan disbursement checks
- Maintain monthly disbursement log
- Scan all documents to imaging system
- Review various daily, weekly & monthly canned reports and make required adjustments.
- Manage the tickler process for post closing doc exceptions (title, recorded docs, filed UCC’s, etc)
- Insurance tracking (PMI, Flood insurance & forced placed) – maintain updated insurance files for all loans. Contact agent with errors or updates. Check for correct lien holder information and amount of coverage per bank policy. Send delinquent insurance letters of forced placed warning if insurance payment is delinquent. Pay or advace forced placed insurance. Pay monthly PMI, flood and homeowners for escrowed insurance
- Loan document creation thru LaserPro for both commercial and consumer loans
- Responsible for E-Oscar reporting and updates
- Create and distribute loan operations department reports (Excel)
- Manage real estate tax escrow process, i.e, pay tax bills, send paid tax letters and perform annual ascrow analysis
- Balance escrow checking account monthly
- Prepare and process paid off loans
- Attend all suggested training and/or webinar classes as assigned
- Implements all regulatory requirements that apply to bank employees i.e., Bank Secrecy, Identity Theft, OFAC, Reg P (Privacy Act), Safe Guarding Customer Information. Responsible for implementing compliance regulations related to loan operations. (i.e.Reg Z, Reg X, Reg C, Reg B, FLOOD, etc.). In addition, be familiar with regulations relating to commercial and consumer loans.
- Other duties as directed.
- 1. TO KEEP CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION CONFIDENTIAL.
- 2. To carry out assigned responsibilities with minimal errors.
- 3. To provide efficient, friendly, professional service to all customers.
- 4. To provide courteous, professional service to all officers and employees, working to build a strong
- team atmosphere between all officers, employees and locations.
- 5. To willingly support corporate views, policies and objectives.
- 6. To maintain a professional work environment and business like appearance in accordance with the employee manual.
- 7. To minimize unplanned leave and tardiness in adherence with the employee manual.
- Excellent collaboration skills; ability to communicate effectively with all team members and provide
high-quality customer service
- Experience with bank data processing system – Insight Banking System (ASI) or other core system
- Strong technical background with analytical skills, detail orientation, and a proactive problem solving skills are a must
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment while delivering highest levels of customer service and accuracy
- Prior loan operations experience
- Proficient in WORD and EXCEL
- Strong understanding of loan process for due diligence requirements
- Good working knowledge of basic accounting principles
A complete job description can be obtained from the Human Resource Department at Bank of the Prairie.Bank of the Prairie
Human Resource Department
18675 W. 151st Street
Olathe, KS 66062
Phone: (913) 971-1316
Fax: (913) 254-0078
Bank of the Prairie offers a wide array of benefits for both full- and part-time employees. In addition, our benefits package is designed to give a solid foundation for financial protection for employees and their families.
Group Insurance Plan
- Major Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Prescription Plan
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Voluntary Spouse/Dependent Life Insurance
- Voluntary Cancer Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Program (Section 125/Cafeteria Plan) – Dependent Care Reimbursement (Spending Account), and Medical Reimbursement (Spending Account)
- Salary Deferral Savings Plan (401k) with employer match
- 401(k) investment options
- Vacation Benefits
- Internal and external training opportunities
- Free and discounted banking services
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
It is the policy of Bank of the Prairie to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in a harassment-free work environment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or Vietnam Era/Disabled Veteran status.
Note: These benefits may be changed at any time and are not a contract or guarantee of employment of any kind. Various benefits may require certain eligibility requirements. Contact Human Resources for details.
You may e-mail your resume to: HR@bankoftheprairie.com.