Part Time Teller
Reports To: Banking Center Manager
Supervises: Direct: 0 Indirect: 0
Monday-Friday 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Saturdays 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Interact with bank customers to provide excellent customer service in a friendly, helpful manner. Calling the customer by their name and smiling. Performing teller and sales/service duties accurately. This will consist of processing customer deposits and withdrawals according to Bank of the Prairie policy. Be able to manage and balance a cash drawer, counting money accurately is a must. Being on time and ready and available for work at your scheduled time is mandatory. Training will be provided.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process all customer transactions in a professional manner while promoting the bank through prompt and accurate service.
- Assist with customer sales and services activities including open accounts, sell/cross sell bank products and services, resolve customer service issues, refer customer to others areas of the bank as appropriate. Covert service opportunities into sales events.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of products and services, policies and procedures related to the personal banker functions including compliance. Knowledge should be proficient in the areas of teller operations and deposit accounts excluding IRAs
- Other duties as directed.
- TO KEEP CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION CONFIDENTIAL.
- To carry out assigned responsibilities with minimal errors.
- To provide efficient, friendly, professional service to all customers.
- To provide courteous, professional service to all officers and employees, working to build a strong team atmosphere between all officers, employees and locations.
- To willingly support corporate views, policies and objectives.
- To maintain a professional work environment and business like appearance in accordance with the employee manual.
- To minimize unplanned leave and tardiness in adherence with the employee manual.
- Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves
contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
Other Skills: Be able to solve problems and multi-task. Have a proficient knowledge of Word and Excel. Ten Key by touch and computer keyboard by touch. Be able to lift 30 lbs. Be able to work Saturdays.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
Bank of the Prairie
Human Resource Department
18675 W. 151st Street
Olathe, KS 66062
Phone: (913) 971-1316
Fax: (913) 254-0078
Bank of the Prairie offers a wide array of benefits for both full- and part-time employees. In addition, our benefits package is designed to give a solid foundation for financial protection for employees and their families.
Group Insurance Plan
- Major Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Prescription Plan
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Voluntary Spouse/Dependent Life Insurance
- Voluntary Cancer Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Program (Section 125/Cafeteria Plan) – Dependent Care Reimbursement (Spending Account), and Medical Reimbursement (Spending Account)
- Salary Deferral Savings Plan (401k) with employer match
- 401(k) investment options
- Vacation Benefits
- Internal and external training opportunities
- Free and discounted banking services
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
It is the policy of Bank of the Prairie to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in a harassment-free work environment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or Vietnam Era/Disabled Veteran status.
Note: These benefits may be changed at any time and are not a contract or guarantee of employment of any kind. Various benefits may require certain eligibility requirements. Contact Human Resources for details.
You may e-mail your resume to: HR@bankoftheprairie.com.