Banking Center Associate
Reports To: Banking Center Manager
Supervises: Direct: 0 Indirect: 0
Develop strong relationships with customers of Bank of the Prairie. Assist customers in understanding how Bank of the Prairie can be a partner that provides valuable knowledge and assistance for financial services. Assist the customer from beginning to end in this process, including product education, paperwork completion, obtaining approvals and customer implementation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process all customer transactions in a professional manner while promoting the bank through prompt and accurate service.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of bank products and services, policies and procedures related to the personal banker functions. Should be knowledgable proficient in the areas of teller operations and deposit accounts.
- Effective delivery of Online Banking, ACH Origination, Remote Deposit Capture, Mobile Banking, e-statements, Credit and Debit Cards.
- Responsible for the customer experience with any new product opening, and follow up. This includes proper documentation, required signatures, getting cards and checks ordered.
- Work with management on teller operations to ensure compliance with policies and procedures; This does include opening and running an active teller drawer, as needed, and assisting with vault operations, as needed.
- Have knowledge of software used to merge data for operational reports, as needed.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all regulatory requirements that apply to bank employees i.e., Bank Secrecy, Identity Theft, OFAC, Reg P (Privacy Act), Safe guarding Customer Information with extra emphasis Reg E (Electronic Funds Transfers), and all regulations related to deposit operations. (i.e.Reg D, Reg CC, Reg DD, CIP, etc.).
- Other duties as directed.
- TO KEEP CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION CONFIDENTIAL.
- To carry out assigned responsibilities with minimal errors.
- To provide efficient, friendly, professional service to all customers.
- To provide courteous, professional service to all officers and employees, working to build a strong team atmosphere between all officers, employees and locations.
- To willingly support corporate views, policies and objectives.
- To maintain a professional work environment and business like appearance in accordance with the employee manual.
- To minimize unplanned leave and tardiness in adherence with the employee manual.
- Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves
contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
Other Skills: Be able to solve problems and multi-task. Have a proficient knowledge of Word and Excel. Ten Key by touch and computer keyboard by touch. Be able to lift 30 lbs. Be able to work Saturdays as needed.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
Bank of the Prairie
Human Resource Department
18675 W. 151st Street
Olathe, KS 66062
Phone: (913) 971-1316
Fax: (913) 254-0078
Bank of the Prairie offers a wide array of benefits for both full- and part-time employees. In addition, our benefits package is designed to give a solid foundation for financial protection for employees and their families.
Group Insurance Plan
- Major Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Prescription Plan
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Voluntary Spouse/Dependent Life Insurance
- Voluntary Cancer Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Program (Section 125/Cafeteria Plan) – Dependent Care Reimbursement (Spending Account), and Medical Reimbursement (Spending Account)
- Salary Deferral Savings Plan (401k) with employer match
- 401(k) investment options
- Vacation Benefits
- Internal and external training opportunities
- Free and discounted banking services
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
It is the policy of Bank of the Prairie to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in a harassment-free work environment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or Vietnam Era/Disabled Veteran status.
Note: These benefits may be changed at any time and are not a contract or guarantee of employment of any kind. Various benefits may require certain eligibility requirements. Contact Human Resources for details.
You may e-mail your resume to: HR@bankoftheprairie.com.